DEVOTIONAL FOR FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 20, 2013
Good Morning Everyone,
Our theme for this month: “Life in the kingdom”
Our Bible verse for today: “Happy are those who keep His decrees and seek Him with all their heart.” Psalm 119:2
Our thought for today: “The Word of God is our compass which keeps on the right path and headed in the right direction.”
Psalm 119 reveals the key for living successfully in the kingdom of God. Knowing and obeying the Word of God is the secret.
– “You have commanded that Your precepts be diligently kept.’ (Verse 4)
– “I have treasured Your word in my heart so that I may not sin against You. (Verse 11)
– “I rejoice in the way revealed by Your decrees as much as in all riches. I will meditate on Your precepts and think about Your ways, I will delight in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word.” (Verses 14-16)
– “I have chosen the way of truth; I have set Your ordinances before me. (Verse 30)
– “I am friend to all who fear You, to those who keep Your precepts.” (Verse 63)
– “Instruction from Your lips is better for me than thousands of gold and silver pieces.” (Verse 72)
– “Lord, Your word is forever; it is firmly fixed in heaven.” (Verse 89)
– “Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are always with me.” (Verse 98)
– “Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light on my path.” (Verse 105)
It’s clear just from these verses that in the Bible, God has given us all the instruction we need to live well and successfully in His kingdom (verse 89). The instructions of the Bible provide us with insight and clarity of thought in a confusing and deceptive world. It is the compass which shows us “true north” and will therefore keep us on the right path and headed in the right direction (verse 105).
Also, and this is vitally important, if we are truly wise we will surround ourselves with others who also value and obey God’s instructions as given to us in the Bible (verse 63). Like your Momma told you, “Choose your friends carefully. “That is true and wise because over time we become like those we associate with. So make it a point to keep company with those who also study and follow the Word of God.
Life in the kingdom may not always be easy but God has told us how to navigate it successfully. We are to know His instructions, treasure His instructions, and obey His instructions.